No one likes to be idle these days. Even homemakers, amidst their busy schedules, seek for something else to learn to add to their skill set and perhaps earn independently.
Well, not to worry, nowadays online courses have made learning easier than before. So here in this article I am going to discuss more about online courses, its benefits, its disadvantages and list down a few online courses that are best for housewives.
Keep reading this article to find out.
What You Will Learn!
- 1 Advantages of An Online Course
- 2 Disadvantages of An Online Course
- 3 Top Five Online Courses For Housewives in India
- 4 Websites Where You Can Take Your Online Course in India
- 5 Some frequently asked questions about Online Courses For Housewives
- 6 Final Thoughts
Advantages of An Online Course
- Online courses are more convenient than offline classes. This is because your instructor is basically available for 24 hours every day. So you can make your own time and schedule to take online courses. You have any boundation regarding the timing of taking your online courses.
- Online courses are flexible. This is because not only you can take your classes you want as mentioned in the previous point but also you can take your classes anywhere you want or wear anything you want and take courses with whoever you want. This helps you to adjust your course schedule around your daily work in a better way.
- Your family can be more involved and everyone in your family can learn something or the other from an online course.
- As the courses can be taken from the comfort of the home, children might take more interest in online courses than offline ones and also parents can be more involved. They can sit with their children as a guide and learn something during that process.
- Online courses provide more individual attention. In a class full of students, not everyone gets the same attention at all times. But online courses are more individually oriented. Some people have a fear of asking doubts in a class full of students but with the help of online classes this fear gets eliminated because a person can mail the instruction with their doubts.
- Online courses teach one to be self disciplined. With the absence of teachers in front of you, you must take it upon yourself to complete your assignments in time, otherwise you could not complete the course on time or get a certificate. You will be wasting your money if that happens.
- Anyone can take online classes. Be it children, adults or middle-aged people or housewives or working men and women, anyone can take an additional online course of their choice to add to their skill set.
Disadvantages of An Online Course
- Online classes can be more time-consuming than on-campus classes. This is because in online classes you have to communicate with your instructor or teacher through typing. As you all must know, typing is slower than speaking, so ultimately altogether it consumes more time than offline classes.
- Online courses make it easier to procrastinate. As you all have read in the advantages section, you can take your online classes of the day and from any place. The minus point to this is that you get a lot of chances to procrastinate. There is no “getting to class on time” rule so this might lead any student to procrastinate.
- Online courses may create a sense of isolation. As it is just you with yourself taking classes within the comfort and isolation of your home, you will felt lonely, eventually. You do not get to interact with any other soul when you take online classes, so this creates a sense of isolation.
- Online courses require you to be an active learner. This might not be a disadvantage for everybody, but for some people, this is definitely a disadvantage. If you are not really attentive and active while taking your online class, you may end up learning absolutely nothing. So it is a huge necessity to be an active learner if you take an online course.
Top Five Online Courses For Housewives in India
Digital Marketing Course
Digital marketing, also known as online marketing, is marketing where a person promotes brands with the help of the internet and connects them to potential customers.
It is a very popular course in recent days and also knowing this can help a person earn a lot independently. It is very easy to learn the basics of digital marketing and how to attract potential buyers.
Anyone can take a basic course regarding digital marketing and then start an internship under this category.
You may also like: Best Digital Marketing Books to Boost Your Career
Graphics Designing Courses
We can consider graphic design being a form of art. It is the art of combining text and designs and pictures to form a poster or advertisements and stuff.
Even this course is easy to take for those who have a basic knowledge of online art. Even those who do not have any idea regarding this can take a one month or two month long course. It is not very tough to learn if you have a computer or a laptop with you.
Teaching may sound a straightforward thing to do, but not everyone can be a teacher. But not to worry, there are teaching courses available online that anyone can take to learn how to be an excellent teacher.
This will help you create your own batch for private tutoring and also help you tutor your own child at home. Any housewife looking for something to learn can definitely take a teaching course online and spend their free time in a more fruitful manner.
Jewelry Designing Course
Jewellery designing sounds like a tough job, doesn’t it?
Well, if you know the basics then it actually isn’t tough to do at all. Many housewives are earning independently by designing various kinds of jewellery and selling it online.
There are various jewelry designing courses available online that one can take to learn the basics of jewellery making and then can move on to more advanced courses. With the help of these courses, any person can make a variety of jewellery by making use of their creativity.
Beautician and Makeup Course
Makeup might look easy, but it is actually an art and one must know the proper way to do it. BUt with proper guidance and courses, one can become a beautician and a makeup artist.
Many idle homemakers take this course and eventually become successful beauticians and open up their their own salons and beauty parlours.
Websites Where You Can Take Your Online Course in India
Now, there are several online sites with a variety of courses to offer you on a certain budget and some even for free.
Added perk of taking any online course is that you will get legit certification of that course and some courses even offer a letter of recommendation that will help you get into internships further.
Some of the popular sites where you can variety of online courses, from language to business to coding and so much more are as follows:-
- Udemy [courses start from as low as Rs 450 only]
- LinkedIn Learning
- General Assembly
There are many many more websites if you look for them online but these are some of the more popular ones.
Some frequently asked questions about Online Courses For Housewives
Which course is best for housewives?
There are a plethora of courses which a housewife can take during their free time and which will further help them earn independently.
Some of the best courses for housewives include graphic designing, interior designing, freelance writing, online teaching, and so on. For more details, read the above article.
Which computer course is best for housewives?
There are several computer courses outside of coding that a housewife can learn and make money independently with the help of their learned skills.
Some such computer courses include document editing and writing for which a person will need to know Microsoft word thoroughly.
Then there is data management or data entry for which MS Excel skills are necessary. These are the few things related to computers that a homemaker can learn that can come in handy.
Which course is best for ladies?
There are several online courses that are good for ladies to learn.
Some of them include freelance writing, digital marketing, social media management and marketing, interior designing, data editing, entry and management and so on.
What work can a woman do from home?
There are several works from home options for women who do not wish to spend their free time doing nothing. Online tuition is a very popular job for housewives.
Another option is opening one’s own home bakery. Doing online business from home is also another work that a woman can do from home.
Which course is best for online learning?
There are several courses that one can learn online. With online courses so easily accessible these days, there is not a single course that someone cannot do online.
Some of the popular online courses include coding (all kinds including C, C++, Java, Python, etc.), content creating, digital marketing, ethical hacking, web designing and so on.
In conclusion, it is fair to say that nowadays there is no shortage of things to learn for anybody. Even if you are a homemaker with a busy schedule, there are many online courses that you can learn in your free time easily.
I have discussed some of them above and I would prefer a teaching course or a jewelry or beautician course because with the help of those you can eventually start your own independent business and expand it in any way you want to.
Other options are pretty good and popular these days too.
So yes, wasting no more free time, go online and start learning any course of your choice.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.