Over the years traditional marketing is being replaced by online marketing or digital advertising a.k.a. Digital Marketing, as people nowadays are more attracted towards digital media.
The scope of a career in digital marketing is very bright, many young aspirants have taken interest in SEO & overall online marketing.
To those people/aspirants who are looking for resources to learn online marketing strategies here are some of the best digital marketing books for beginners that will help you to pursue your dream of becoming a Digital Marketing Professional.
So, let’s get going… before we start discussing the books, let give you a brief introduction.
What You Will Learn!
- 1 What is Digital Marketing?
- 2 Best books for learning Digital Marketing:-
- 2.1 – Fundamentals of Digital Marketing by Pearson
- 2.2 – Marketing 4.0: Moving from Traditional to Digital
- 2.3 – The Art of Digital Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Creating Strategic, Targeted, and Measurable Online Campaigns
- 2.4 – Understanding Digital Marketing: Marketing Strategies for Engaging the Digital Generation
- 2.5 – Agency: Starting a Creative Firm in the Age of Digital Marketing
- 2.6 – Digital Marketing For Dummies
- 2.7 – Digital Minds: 12 Things Every Business Needs to Know about Digital Marketing
- 3 Other notable digital marketing books:
- 4 Best books on Digital Marketing Analytics
- 5 Other notable books on Digital Marketing Analytics:
- 6 Books on Digital Marketing Strategy
- 7 Digital Marketing Books pdf
- 7.1 Digital Marketing Box Set (2 in 1): Mastering Digital Marketing + Masterful Blogging: Maximizing Your Marketing Strategy to Reach Ideal Clients + How to Boost Your Reputation & Showcase Expertise
- 7.2 The Base of Digital Marketing: How to do digital marketing?
- 7.3 How to Get Your Dream Digital Marketing Job: A step-by-step guide to get your dream job in the digital marketing field
- 7.4 Certificate Course in Digital Marketing
- 7.5 Conclusion
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is an umbrella term for all of your company’s online marketing efforts. – Hubspot
In simpler words, digital marketing consists of several other marketing and advertising terms like Search Engine Optimization(SEO), Search Engine Marketing(SEM), Social Media Optimization(SMO), Social Media Marketing(SMM), Pay Per Click(PPC), Conversion Rate Optimization(CRO) etc. And other related terms like Link Building & Content Marketing.
Best books for learning Digital Marketing:-
– Fundamentals of Digital Marketing by Pearson
Fundamentals of Digital Marketing is a comprehensive textbook that cracks the digital marketing ‘code’ with a view to reaching, engaging and serving the ever-changing consumer. Author – Puneet Singh Bhatia
This book covers the overall strategic and tactical aspects of online marketing strategies.
Furthermore, it presents industry relevant concepts for digital marketing professionals and management students to media professionals, marketing managers, brand marketers, entrepreneurs and even young aspirants who’re looking for a career in digital advertising.
One of the best books to understand the basics of digital marketing concepts, terminologies, tools, and techniques. I found this as one of the top digital marketing books in India.
1. Outlines the move from ‘E-marketing’ to ‘Digital Marketing’ landscape
2. Underlines a practically-oriented digital marketing model (ASCOR Framework)
3. Provides a detailed approach to executing Digital Transformation
4. Showcases multi-industry deployable frameworks
5. Details concepts through topical Case Studies of India-specific brands
6. Includes Digital Application exercises based on Indian businesses
7. Devotes a complete chapter to careers in digital marketing
Table of contents
Part I- Basics of Digital Marketing
Chapter 1- Introduction to Digital Marketing
Chapter 2- Digital Marketing Models Creation
Chapter 3- The Consumer for Digital Marketing
Part II- Digital Marketing Strategy Development
Chapter 4- Digital Marketing Assessment Phase
Chapter 5- Digital Marketing Strategy Definition
Part III- Digital Marketing Planning and Setup
Chapter 6- Digital Marketing Communications and Channel Mix
Chapter 7- Digital Marketing Operations Set-up
Part IV- Digital Marketing Execution
Chapter 8- Digital Marketing Campaign Management
Chapter 9- Digital Marketing Execution Elements
Part V- Digital Business – Present and Future
Chapter 10- Digital Business- Landscape and Emerging Areas
Chapter 11-A Career in Digital Marketing
This book is one of the top-rated digital marketing books on Amazon (4.6 out of 5 stars)
– Marketing 4.0: Moving from Traditional to Digital
Marketing has changed forever—this is what comes next
Marketing 4.0: Moving from Traditional to Digital is the much-needed handbook for next-generation marketing.
This book makes you understand the ever-changing of customer landscape to reach out to the maximum number of customer effectively and maximize your sales.
Written by the world’s leading marketing authorities like Philip Kotler, this book deals with 3 fundamental things that will shape the future customers.
a. the marketplace’s shifting power dynamics,
b. the paradoxes wrought by connectivity and
c. the increasing sub-culture splintering
Marketing 4.0 will help you to take advantage of the shifting consumer mood to reach more customers and engage them more fully than ever before.
Book will provide you with all the necessary insights you will require.
a. Discover the new rules of marketing
b. Stand out and create Wow moments
c. Build a loyal and vocal customer base
d. Learn who will shape the future of customer choice
Rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars
– The Art of Digital Marketing: The Definitive Guide to Creating Strategic, Targeted, and Measurable Online Campaigns
About the Author
Ian Dodson is the co-founder and Course Director for the Digital Marketing Institute.
He lectures extensively on the Digital Marketing Institute’s Postgraduate and Professional Diploma programs, speaks at both local and international conferences, and writes for various digital and marketing journals on all topics digital.
Ian Dodson has been at the forefront of the Digital Industry for the past 10 years.
He specializes in strategic guidance for organizations bringing products to market through the internet and has been instrumental in the set-up of some groundbreaking online businesses.
The Art of Digital Marketing is a comprehensive guide reaching, engaging, and serving the empowered consumer.
This book provides budding entrepreneurs, marketing professional, individuals etc with an innovative methodology for successful digital marketing: start with the customer and work backward.
Rating: 4.0 out of 5 stars
– Understanding Digital Marketing: Marketing Strategies for Engaging the Digital Generation
About the Author
Damian Ryan is an advisory partner for Moore Stephens UK (one of the UK’s largest independent accounting and consulting networks) and a partner with Mediaventura, the UK’s leading corporate finance firm for the TIME (Technology, Internet, Media and Entertainment) sector.
As stated by the author – Understanding Digital Marketing is a practical, no-nonsense guide to web marketing, which discusses the rules of new media and a detailed research of the new generation of digital consumers.
Decent, in-depth information and entertaining, as it covers key topics such as search marketing, social media, Google, mobile marketing, affiliate marketing, email marketing, performance marketing, customer engagement and digital marketing strategies.
“Understanding Digital Marketing accomplishes well the difficult feat of assembling current practical strategies from leading experts in the digital marketing field.” (Carol Stuckey, Executive Director, Strategic Growth Initiatives, Harvard University Division of Continuing Education)
“Comprehensive, contextualized and current. Does a great job of balancing solid overview with specific, insightful case examples. An essential addition to any marketer’s bookshelf.” (Dr. Agnes Nairn, Dean, Hult International Business School)
“This is a great handbook to the world of digital marketing, a world that can seem quite overwhelming at times, especially with the speed of change. A practical guide, it makes a great case for the importance of digital marketing in any marketer’s toolbox. Updated to include some of the latest challenges in digital marketing, what I like most is that it remains people-centric, to help ensure that any digital marketing activities you undertake have a fair chance of success.” (Tara Beard-Knowland, Senior Director at Ipsos Connect)
“A no-nonsense, clearly written book which you can dip in and dip out of depending on your digital needs. Excellent to see that the ‘human side of digital’ has a clear presence throughout.” (Dr. Sarah Warnes SFHEA, Senior Teaching Fellow, UCL School of Management)
“One of the most comprehensive yet easy-to-read books on digital marketing available.” (The Marketer (about a previous edition))
My take: A must-have for marketing professionals and beginners. Can be helpful in making digital marketing plans.
Rating: 5.0 out of 5 stars
– Agency: Starting a Creative Firm in the Age of Digital Marketing
In Agency, Rick Webb provides a comprehensive guidebook – giving readers the knowledge, strategies, and understanding they’ll need to make the exciting transition into a modern creative services firm.
Drawing from his experience running his own digital ad agency and working with countless innovative tech start-ups, Webb focuses not just on how to get started, but how to survive in a competitive marketplace.
As large agencies are failing to adapt to the modern day digital age, they seek help from freelances.
Increased marketing fragmentation and missing guidance leading top marketing agencies looking for a specialist to outsource their work and this are giving freelancers to now set up their own workshops.
Rick Webb providing a comprehensive guidebook via his digital marketing book Agency – giving readers the knowledge, strategies, understanding and overall guidance they’ll be needing to make the required transition into a modern creative digital marketing firm.
Filled with personal anecdotes makes this is a hands-on master class in everything that the agency owner needs to know.
“Agency is full of incredibly valuable insights and advice for startups of all kinds, delivered with candor, humor, and wisdom.” – Allison Arden, VP Publisher, Advertising Age, and author of The Book of Doing
“This is not just a book. It’s the playbook I wish I had when I started my company. It’s the motivating nudge that recharges my reserves of inspiration. It’s the real talk, often humorously delivered, that so many of us creative entrepreneurs need.
Thank you, Rick, for the best PSA I’ve ever encountered.” – Baratunde Thurston, CEO and Co-Founder, Cultivated Wit and Co-host, TakePart Live on Pivot TV
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
– Digital Marketing For Dummies
About the Author
Ryan Deiss is Founder/CEO of DigitalMarketer.com. His pioneering digital marketing strategies have been directly responsible for hundreds of millions of dollars in online sales. Russ Henneberry is Director of Editorial at DigitalMarketer.com.
His team generates thousands of leads and sales per month by executing “full funnel” content strategies.
Digital Marketing For Dummies (One of the best books for online marketing you will find) deals with the perfect implementation and execution of various Digital Marketing Strategies and tactics to expand the reach of your brand, increase targeted audience engagement, acquire and monetize more customers.
This book comprises with the latest tips and techniques one will require to present our services/products in front of the masses by utilization of modern day technology.
Get ideas and all type of help on the sequential method of performing your own execution of marketing tactics.
a. Develop an individually tailored digital marketing campaign
b. Offer an effective lead magnet to convert visitors
c. Keep your audience invested in your brand, products, and services
d. Create a return path with frequent and strategic communication with your customers
Inside the book
a. Generate free, organic traffic
b. Acquire new leads and customers
c. Craft landing pages that convert
d. Build and monetize your email list
Get “social” with your customers
Buy online ads like a pro
Master search marketing
Track and measure key metrics
Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars
– Digital Minds: 12 Things Every Business Needs to Know about Digital Marketing
As social media, mobile marketing and search marketing campaigns are always changing.
Digital Minds assists you in the field of content marketing by providing your business with content marketing strategies, social media, responsive web design, SEO, display advertising, email marketing and more, by industry-proven expertise.
Other notable digital marketing books:
Must Read: What is SEO and how does it work?
Best books on Digital Marketing Analytics
– Digital Marketing Analytics: Making Sense of Consumer Data in a Digital World
About the Author
Chuck Hemann, Director of Analytics for WCG, has spent the last eight years providing strategic counsel on digital analytics, measurement, online reputation, and social media. He was previously VP of Digital Analytics for Edelman Digital and VP of Digital Strategy and Analytics for Ogilvy Public Relations. He has worked with global brands from Intel to General Mills to Pfizer.
Ken Burbary, Chief Digital Officer at Interpublic’s Campbell Ewald, has 16 years of online marketing and advertising experience, including a deep background in digital and social media. He served as VP—Group Director, Strategy, and Analysis at Digitas, working with global brands from American Express and Bank of America to P&G and GM.
This book on Digital Marketing Analytics will help you cut the analytic problem down, solve every piece of the puzzle, and integrate a virtual system for moving from data to decision, action to results!
Get your metrics right, and then use your digital data for maximum value for everything from R&D to CRM to social media marketing!
What You Will Learn:
• Prioritize—because you can’t measure, listen to, and analyze everything
• Use analysis to craft experiences that profoundly reflect each customer’s needs, expectations, and behaviors
• Measure real social media ROI: sales, leads, and customer satisfaction
• Track the performance of all paid, earned, and owned social media channels
• Leverage “listening data” way beyond PR and marketing: for strategic planning, product development, and HR
• Start optimizing web and social content in real time
• Implement advanced tools, processes, and algorithms for accurately measuring influence
• Integrate paid and social data to drive more value from both
• Make the most of the surveys, focus groups, and offline research synergies
• Focus new marketing and social media investments where they’ll deliver the most value
Rating: 4.0 out of 5 stars
– Digital Analytics
A total guide to Digital Analytics! Must read for marketers who want to understand the “why” & “how” digital data is being used to make key business decisions in the industry.
This book provides its readers with in-depth insights and data from platforms we encounter every day like Google Analytics, Adobe SiteCatalyst, Web Analytics and RDBMS etc.
It covers total applications of Digital Analytics and Statistics.
SALIENT FEATURES OF BOOK
• Easy to understand language with simple real-life examples.
• Primarily focused on E-commerce and Retail industry.
• Stepwise explanation of very basic to the complex of the statistical analysis.
• All examples are solved using R and Excel or both.
• Step by Step description of Pentaho BI Implementation – ETL, Report, OLAP & Dashboard.
• Comprehensive coverage of topics including Probability Theories, Operation Analytics, Digital
Marketing, BI Implementation, Web Analytics, Forecasting, Customer Analytics & Optimization.
Application focus on current Digital Analytics Practices.
Rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars
Read Also: What is Copywriting?
Other notable books on Digital Marketing Analytics:
– How to Measure Digital Marketing: Metrics for Assessing Impact and Designing Success
– by L. Flores
Books on Digital Marketing Strategy
– Digital Marketing: Integrating Strategy and Tactics with Values, A Guidebook for Executives, Managers, and Students
– by Ira Kaufman 4.5 out of 5 stars
– The Little Cook Book of Digital Marketing Strategy
– by Thom Poole
Digital Marketing Books pdf
Digital Marketing Box Set (2 in 1): Mastering Digital Marketing + Masterful Blogging: Maximizing Your Marketing Strategy to Reach Ideal Clients + How to Boost Your Reputation & Showcase Expertise
– Michael Cohn
The Base of Digital Marketing: How to do digital marketing?
– by Sharad Khare
How to Get Your Dream Digital Marketing Job: A step-by-step guide to get your dream job in the digital marketing field
– by Deepak Kanakaraju
Certificate Course in Digital Marketing
– by EduOnWeb
I hope the digital marketing books list here will end your search.
If you’re a newbie in this online advertising field then I suggest you should go for these books Digital Marketing for dummies or Certification course in Digital marketing (listed above already) but for marketing professional there are many I know you can choose yourself that suits your needs. 😉
P.S.- I endorse only products that I have used or is preferred by many, no-nonsense crap.
P.S.S.- if you’re confused or need any suggestions about which book to choose you can contact me by filling out this form. I will be happy to help you.
Please, this post if you like it. Thank you! 🙂
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.